Monday, January 14, 2013

No Clever Title Today

     I've kept up with all of my resolutions! Yes. I know it's only the second week of January, but it only takes 21 days to form a habit, so I'll be golden if I keep this up.

     Resolution 1 - Get Better At BJJ: Jiu Jitsu is amazing. It's like having a long-term relationship with The One Who Got Away. It's so damn great, but sometimes it's hard to appreciate it until it's gone. I spent the holidays in Vancouver and didn't do any bjj for over a week. I felt guilty for not training and anxious to get "her" back. Bjj is The One Who Got Away, but I got her back! I've been training my ass off since 2013 started, and it has never felt so good to get a second chance.
     Bjj, I love you. I learned my lesson. You won't be getting away from me anytime soon.

     Resolution 2/3/4 - Join the Track Team/Two-A-Days/Kickboxing: Track has started, which means two-a-days have started. And I started doing kickboxing in the mornings on the days when I don't have track, which means that two-a-days have really started.

     Resolution 5 - Compete in a Century: This one still needs some work, but I'm training for it. And due to my competitive nature, I doubt I'll be able to train for another month before I start looking for century bike races to compete in.

Oh! And in case you were wondering, March is going to be crazy.

March 2nd is the GORUCK Challenge.                March 9th is the Spartan Sprint.
        

And March Something is Pan Ams (a bjj competition).





No comments:

Post a Comment